Stopper, surface mount with integral sounder - Red STI 6533
Protective cover to help stop malicious or accidental false fire alarms. This unique device has been helping stop false fire alarms around the world for decades, without restricting legitimate operation of devices such as fire alarm break glass call points. Ideal for schools, colleges, hospitals, nursing homes, hotels and all public buildings where there is a history or a threat of false fire alarms.
How it works:
The Stopper consists of a clear, tamper-proof, tough polycarbonate cover, frame and spacer that retrofits over the break glass call point. When lifted to gain access to the break glass, its optional battery powered integral sounder emits a piercing 96dB (at 1 metre). Immediate attention is drawn to the area and a prankster will either run or be caught.
- Constructed from tough clear polycarbonate
- For surface mount applications (includes 30mm spacer, 50mm also available)
- Easy to install, can retrofit over existing device
- Includes integral sounder, powered by a 9V PP3 battery (included)
- Optional 12 or 24 VDC powered units
- Protects equipment from accidental operation, vandalism, product misuse, dust and weather
- Lock or break seal options for added security see BS
- Flush mounted version is available
- Available in red, blue, green and yellow
- Cover backed by a three year guarantee against breakage in normal use (one year on electro mechanical and electronic components)
- Polycarbonate tested from -40°C to 49°C